The school will include lectures by experts, hands-on activities and presentations by participants.
List of speakers:
- D. Giovannelli (University of Napoli)
- E.C.R. Green (University of Melbourne)
- C. McCammon (Bayerisches Geoinstitut)
- R. Moretti (Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris)
- P. Sossi (ETH Zurich)
- G. Yaxley (ANU, Canberra)
- A. Aiuppa (University of Palermo)
- D. Baker (McGill University)
- A. Berry (ANU, Canberra)
- J. Blundy (University of Oxford)
- E. Cottrell (Smithsonian Institution)
- K. Evans (Curtin University, Bentley)
- D. Frost (Bayerisches Geoinstitut)
If you are interested in attending this school virtually (registrations for on-site participation are closed), please fill in the pre-registration form below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students / PhD candidates / unemployed: € 80,00
- Postdocs: € 100,00
- Faculty / Permanent: € 150,00
- Students / PhD candidates / unemployed: € 120,00
- Postdocs: € 150,00
- Faculty / Permanent: € 200,00
- Students / PhD candidates / unemployed: € 280,00
- Postdocs: € 320,00
- Faculty / Permanent: € 400,00
The School "Understanding oxygen fugacity in geoscience" will take place in the main campus of the University of Trieste, Italy. The campus is well equipped with rooms for plenary lectures, participant presentations and hands-on activities.
Participants travelling from abroad will have to comply with the requirements and measures of the Italian Government. These can be found on the website of Italian Ministry of Health.
Face masks will be required during indoor science sessions. The indoor spaces are organised in order to allow for a safe social distance and cleanliness. The room for plenary lectures will be used at half of its capacity (one person every two seats). Hand sanitizers will be available in each room and a dedicated cleaning service will be in place every day. A separate outdoor area will be designated for food and beverage.
Local testing centers are available in many pharmacies in the city centre, close to the venue. They can provide assistance if you experience symptoms or need a test before traveling. Participants are responsible for the cost of testing.